SPONSOR A CARE BAG
Care Bags are a need all year long.
Many children and teens come enter care without any of their personal items and only the clothes on their backs. These bags are filled with toiletry items, age appropriate activities/toys, comfort items such as, a blanket, socks, underwear and pajamas to help them transition into their new home quickly.
Each foster child that comes into care or our relative and non relative placements receive a care bag to take with them to their new home. Sponsor an entire care bag, provide extra items for emergencies or give a monetary donation to help provide care bags.
A great project for your family, a church ministry team,
small group, children's ministry or youth ministry.
CHILDREN'S BAGS 2T - 16 AND ADULT BAGS SMALL - 2X ONLY.
PLEASE NO BABY BAGS AT THIS TIME.
Show love and support to our St. Clair County Foster Workers by helping fulfill these needs:
• We need groups to host a Worker Appreciation Luncheon and Birthday Celebration for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarters of 2020. The meal and birthday cake can be catered or home cooked depending on your group. Monetary gifts to purchase the meal is also appreciated for those who cannot attend or cook because of work. (Budget Approx. $175.00)
• Provide a goody bag for each foster worker catered to your budget.
We need groups to provide goody bags for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarters of 2020.
We are in need of volunteers that have a flexible schedule during the week to help serve in areas from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
• Cleaning the DHR visitation rooms on a monthly basis.
• Help organize and sort items in our resource closets.
• Help during week or on weekends serving families when they pickup needed items from our resource closet or help with delivery.
• Help with annual school supply and Christmas program for our foster community.
FOSTER CARE RESOURCE CLOSET NEEDS
Our resource closet exists to provide immediate needs to help place children and teens in homes to relieve these families of some of the financial burden of getting a placement so quickly and to provide comfort items to help the children and teens transition easier. This resource also assists at risk families in our community who are struggling and need assistance.
Items needed include:
• Diapers in all sizes
• NEW toys, games, books and activities for all ages.
• New or lightly loved clothes from baby to adult 2XL.
• Twin Beds (New or Lightly Loved)
• Twin Bunk Beds (New or Lightly Loved)
• Cribs (New or Lightly Loved)
• Toddler Beds (New or Lightly Loved)
•NEW Mattresses in all these sizes
• Chest of Drawers (New or Lightly Loved)
• NEW Sheet Sets for Twin, crib & toddler beds
Please make sure items donated are either new or like new. Make sure all parts are provided with beds and everything is clean and without damage, holes or missing items. We want to provide the nicest things for our families and children in our foster community because they deserve it.